Readers ask: Road Trip Through Europe Which Country Is Best For The Car Rental?
- 1 Which country in Europe has cheapest car rental?
- 2 Can I rent a car and drive through Europe?
- 3 Which car rental company is best in Europe?
- 4 Where should I go on a road trip in Europe?
- 5 Why is renting a car so expensive in Europe?
- 6 Which country has cheapest car rental?
- 7 Can I rent a car for 3 months?
- 8 Can you rent a car and leave it in another country?
- 9 Can I drive a rented car across the border?
- 10 Is renting a car worth it?
- 11 How can I rent a car cheap?
- 12 Can I rent a car in Europe with US driver’s license?
- 13 How do I plan a road trip in Europe?
- 14 How long does it take to road trip around Europe?
- 15 How do I travel to Europe by car?
Which country in Europe has cheapest car rental?
Eastern Europe is where travellers can drive longest for least, with the cheapest country for car hire being Montenegro. There, you can rent a vehicle for seven days for just $61.
Can I rent a car and drive through Europe?
In Europe, car hire companies typically allow renters to drive their vehicles across international borders into neighbouring countries. You must always inform the rental company of your travel intentions as they need to give you permission to take the car out of the country.
Which car rental company is best in Europe?
Best Car Rental Companies in Europe
- #1 – SIXT (8.3/10)
- #2 – ENTERPRISE (7.2/10)
- #3 – ALAMO (7.1/10)
- #4 – EUROPCAR (6.5/10)
- #5 – HERTZ / FIREFLY (6.1/10)
- #6 – AVIS (6.0/10)
- #7 – THRIFTY (5.8/10)
- #8 – GLOBAL / Buchbinder (5.7/10)
Where should I go on a road trip in Europe?
Best road trips in Europe
- From Dubrovnik to Pula. Croatia. Everything starts from Dubrovnik!
- Madeira – Along the Island. Portugal.
- Romantic road. Germany.
- Tuscany. Italy.
- Atlantic Road – A mythical road. Norway.
Why is renting a car so expensive in Europe?
Rental companies usually charge extra if you plan to drive the car to certain points in eastern Europe (a line that generally follows old Iron Curtain borders). Wintertime driving can carry extra costs beyond the required snow tires.
Which country has cheapest car rental?
A 16-country study of car hire costs worldwide reveals that Turkey and the USA are the cheapest places to hire a car this summer, and Italy and Portugal are the most expensive.
Can I rent a car for 3 months?
Can you rent a car for 3 months? Yes, you definitely can get a car rental for 3 months. The longer you rent, the more you save!
Can you rent a car and leave it in another country?
Some car hire companies allow their cars to be left in a different country. They usually charge both a cross-border fee and a one-way fee. If your plans are flexible, returning the car in the same country you picked it up from, and crossing any borders within your trip, will probably be cheaper.
Can I drive a rented car across the border?
Rentals Originating in the United States: Most vehicles rented in the US can be driven throughout US and Canada. Some vehicle classes like Exotics, Large Passenger or Cargo Vans, and other specialty vehicles may not be allowed to travel outside of the US.
Is renting a car worth it?
Renting a car sounds more practical instead of paying for the parking costs every month. Furthermore, if you include paying for the car insurance as well as a car space to your rent cost and the cost of parking at work, then it’s cheaper to rent than buy a car. And this can go a long way on saving up some money.
How can I rent a car cheap?
The Cheapest Way to Rent a Car: 10 Tips
- Skip the airport. Renting at the airport is convenient when you’re flying into a new city.
- Shop around online.
- Turn to discount brands.
- Leverage memberships.
- Opt for economy cars.
- Stick to one driver.
- Use your own insurance.
- Forgo the extras.
Can I rent a car in Europe with US driver’s license?
An American or Canadian driver’s license is usually valid for European car rentals, but some countries require an International Driving Permit (IDP). They’re not too expensive but it’s an added expense and hassle.
How do I plan a road trip in Europe?
8 Tips To Plan An Epic Europe Road Trip
- Find The Right Car To Travel Europe.
- Check Your Car + Travel Insurance Before Hitting The Road.
- See if you need an International Driving Permit To Travel Europe.
- Check The Vignette / Toll Road Situation.
- Brush Up On Local Driving Laws Before You Travel Europe.
How long does it take to road trip around Europe?
If you were to drive this amazing road trip across Europe in one go, without stopping and without sleeping, it would take about 364 hours or 16 days to cover the route, and you would drive almost 27,000 kilometers.
How do I travel to Europe by car?
- Your valid full UK driving licence.
- Where required, an International Driving Permit (IDP)
- Your vehicle’s V5C registration document (if you have one)
- Your motor insurance certificate.
- A valid UK passport.
- If applicable, a valid visa.