Quick Answer: Where Can I Rent A Car Cheap For A Road Trip?
- 1 Can you use a rental car for a road trip?
- 2 How do I find the cheapest car rental?
- 3 Is it cheaper to rent a car for a week?
- 4 How much does it cost to rent a car and drive across the country?
- 5 Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport?
- 6 Do car rentals get cheaper closer to the date?
- 7 How can I get cheaper rent?
- 8 How much for a rental car for a week?
- 9 How much does enterprise charge to rent a car for a week?
- 10 How can I save money on a rental car?
- 11 How often should you let your car rest on a road trip?
- 12 Should you take your car on a road trip?
Can you use a rental car for a road trip?
Renting a car to drive cross-country If you’ve never rented a car for a road trip, you are probably wondering, how far can you drive with a rental car? The answer, in most cases, is however far you want! Most U.S. rental car companies offer unlimited mileage car rentals, meaning there is no limit on how far you can go.
How do I find the cheapest car rental?
The Cheapest Way to Rent a Car: 10 Tips
- Skip the airport. Renting at the airport is convenient when you’re flying into a new city.
- Shop around online.
- Turn to discount brands.
- Leverage memberships.
- Opt for economy cars.
- Stick to one driver.
- Use your own insurance.
- Forgo the extras.
Is it cheaper to rent a car for a week?
Renting a Car by the Week Can Be Cheaper Than for the Days You Need It. But in extreme cases like this, booking a weekly car rental can be cheaper overall than renting a car for the days you actually need it for. (The rule of thumb we like to use is around $10 per day or $100 per week as a great deal.
How much does it cost to rent a car and drive across the country?
Rentals May Cost Less For a rental, a 2,000-mile trip spread across 10 days at a rental rate of $35 per day (including taxes and fees) costs $350. The EPA indicates the average vehicle achieves about 25 miles per gallon, so the trip requires about 80 gallons of gasoline.
Is it cheaper to rent a car at the airport?
Rental companies often price their vehicles in peculiar ways, too. For example, cars rented at the airport are almost always more expensive because of added taxes and fees. Rent at an off- airport location and you could save 20 percent or more.
Do car rentals get cheaper closer to the date?
Like many services, prices may vary due to the famous system of supply and demand when renting a car. Although the price can actually change and become cheaper closer to the date, keep in mind that booking sooner doesn’t always mean it will be at its cheapest.
How can I get cheaper rent?
14 Tips to Get Cheaper Rent
- Study up on your local market.
- Know the best time to rent an apartment.
- Scope out the competition.
- Ask about deals.
- Be ready to pay more upfront in return for cheaper rent.
- Be flexible with move-in dates and upgrades.
- Have something to offer in return.
How much for a rental car for a week?
On average hiring a car in New South Wales costs $260 per week ($37 per day).
How much does enterprise charge to rent a car for a week?
This car will cost an average of $125 to $150 per week. A minivan is priced at around $450 per week, and larger pickup trucks start at $1,000 weekly. Cargo vans, convertible cars and Hybrid SUVs are also available.
How can I save money on a rental car?
10 ways to save money on your next rental car
- Book early — especially during peak travel season.
- Avoid booking at airports if possible — they can pile on fees.
- Use a credit card that will cover primary insurance.
- Plug in your Costco, AAA and other memberships.
- Book through sites like Autoslash, which factors in discounts.
How often should you let your car rest on a road trip?
As a general rule, it’s best to take a break of at least 15 minutes every two hours, and to not drive for more than eight hours in a day, to ensure you stay alert and avoid the associated risks of driving for too long without a rest.
Should you take your car on a road trip?
Your car’s not reliable. It’s barely fit to drive you to the end of the driveway; there’s no way it should be taken on a road trip. A rental car is far less likely to give you trouble on the road. If it does, you can always call 24-Hour Hotline Assistance for help.