Quick Answer: How To Report Obstruction On Motorway?
- 1 How do I report an obstruction on the motorway?
- 2 Who to call if something is on the motorway?
- 3 How do I report someone blocking the road?
- 4 What to do if there is something on the motorway?
- 5 Can you overtake on the left on a motorway?
- 6 What is motorway debris?
- 7 Who do I report debris on the road to?
- 8 How do I contact the Highway Police?
- 9 Is obstructing traffic illegal?
- 10 How do you deal with inconsiderate Neighbours parking?
- 11 Can you stop someone parking outside your house?
- 12 What do you do if someone parks in your allocated space?
- 13 What happens if I break down on motorway?
- 14 Can I tow a broken down car on the motorway?
- 15 What happens if you drop something on the motorway?
How do I report an obstruction on the motorway?
Contact Highways England if the obstruction is on a motorway or an A road they manage in England.
- Highways England. [email protected] 0300 123 5000. Find out about call charges.
- Traffic Scotland. 0800 028 1414. 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Traffic Wales. 0300 123 1213. 24 hours, 7 days a week. Find out about call charges.
Who to call if something is on the motorway?
Reporting incidents In an emergency, call 999. Other incidents should be reported via our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000.
How do I report someone blocking the road?
If you think the problem is urgent, call us on 020 8379 1000 to report this instead. It is a crime to prevent free passage along any path. The person responsible can receive a £100 Fixed Penalty Notice and be fined up to £1,000 if prosecuted.
What to do if there is something on the motorway?
What to do if you break down on the motorway
- Pull over safely. Ideally, leave the motorway at the next exit or pull into a service area.
- Don’t stay in your car. You want to get you and your passengers safely away from the passing traffic.
- Phone for help.
- Return to your car, but stay outside it.
Can you overtake on the left on a motorway?
Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right.
What is motorway debris?
Road debris, a form of road hazard, is debris on or off a road. Road debris includes substances, materials, and objects that are foreign to the normal roadway environment. Debris may tend to collect in areas where vehicles do not drive, such as on the edges (shoulder), around traffic islands, and junctions.
Who do I report debris on the road to?
Contact us about anything else. If you’d like to contact us about anything else, you can either call us on 0343 222 1234 or use this contact form.
How do I contact the Highway Police?
Contact the police by calling 999 to report emergencies or by calling 101 for non-emergencies.
Is obstructing traffic illegal?
Most jurisdictions consider the obstruction of traffic an illegal activity and have developed rules to prosecute those who block, obstruct, impede, or otherwise interfere with the normal flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic upon a public street or highway.
How do you deal with inconsiderate Neighbours parking?
If you do find that you have issues with your neighbours when it comes to parking, speak to them, be polite and don’t threaten them. Do not retaliate by blocking their drive, parking outside their property or in their space. Usually, these problems can be sorted out with a few carefully chosen polite words.
Can you stop someone parking outside your house?
As long as a vehicle is taxed and a motorist is not breaking any traffic laws they are allowed to stop anywhere it is legal to do so. Parking in an unsafe place is also not allowed and motorists will get questioned for stopping on a curve or the side of a busy road if it stops the flow of traffic.
What do you do if someone parks in your allocated space?
If someone has parked in your designated parking space without your permission, our first advice is always to try and resolve the issue peacefully yourself. If you can’t find the driver to speak to them, try leaving a polite note on their windscreen.
What happens if I break down on motorway?
If you break down in a live lane, then: Try to get the vehicle into the leftmost lane and as far off the carriageway as possible. If you’re in the left-hand lane and it’s safe to do so, get out of the vehicle on the left-hand (passenger) side and wait behind the barrier. Stay upstream of oncoming traffic.
Can I tow a broken down car on the motorway?
Towing a vehicle is potentially very dangerous and should only be done for the minimum distance necessary. We would suggest that towing a vehicle should always be done by professional recovery companies/garages who have the appropriate equipment, training and experience. You should never tow on a motorway.
What happens if you drop something on the motorway?
If they have lost items from their vehicle on the motorway, driver and passengers should not attempt to recover them. The Code states they should “stop at the next emergency telephone and call the Highways Agency or the police”.